The Financial Affiliate’s Round Table will be held at The Investing Info-Marketing Summit on February 15th, at 4 pm. Go here for registration information
If you’re looking for financial affiliates to promote your products, or affiliate programs to promote
This promo represents one of the “Holy Grails” of copywriting, capturing a Big Idea that both perfectly encapsulates the worldview of the editor AND perfectly resonates with the core beliefs & values of a large segment of your marketplace.
After this blockbuster rolled out the industry saw many attempts by others to capitalize on this perfectly constructed theme.
This promo is a modern classic, studying it is a masterclass in how to connect directly with the deepest values of your prospects in a way that makes a sale.
Nicholas went on to become Creative Director at Agora’s Sovereign Society, and reveals many of his copywriting secrets and approaches as a speaker at the Investing Info-Marketing Summit.
I’ve got a classic sales letter I just came across in my files and thought I’d post it.
So the story goes that this letter, written by legendary copywriter Dan Rosenthal, pulled in somewhere around $10-$12 million in a week or so way back in 1993.
This is a story told to me by my boss, who was that publisher’s chief copywriter, while we were sitting in Irish Pub so take the numbers with a grain of salt.
The way I heard it is that Dan came up with the idea of pitching a $5,000 fax based trading service. He pitched the idea to his client with a deal where he would get paid something like $0 up front but get 30% (ish) of sales.
At that point in their business his client was not pitching high-ticket services like this. They, like the Motley Fool for so many years after them, focused on selling just low ticket newsletters and cross-selling those customers to other lower price newsletters.
So when they finally sold this $5k service they already had a big list of buyers to go to who were basically “backend virgins” to them.
It was a huge winner.
And go here if you’d like to see a promo that sold $8.5 million for an investment newsletter and generated over 80,000 new customers
What kind of companies attend the Summit? Publishers, media companies & ad networks, financial marketers and more.
We do have a special discounted rate for you when you attend the Investing Info-Marketing Summit.
The Hard Rock Resort at Universal in Orlando, Florida was a great location for us last year.
But we did run out of rooms in our discounted block so book early.
There are two things every publisher knows about copywriters:
#1 finding the right one can dramatically boost your sales. These are the guys and gals who can create million and multi-million dollar sales messages for your products.
#2 finding the one right for your business is painfully hard. Partly because copywriters are so busy, partly because not every copywriter (not even the great ones) is always a fit your business, and partly because you just don’t know very many of them.
But there is something else many publishers don’t realize about copywriters.
At conferences they travel in herds and head straight for the bars where they hang out, have fun, and share information late into the night.
At the last two Summit’s we had a group of several of the top financial copywriters in the industry form up and go on an impromptu bar crawl – with a handful of lucky publishers in tow.
But most of the publishers’ who were looking for copywriters didn’t know about it (It was impromptu afterall) but here was an opportunity to get to know the people who could put millions in sales into your bank account.
So this year we’re making it official. Veteran financial copywriter, Angel Suarez (he’s written big winners for several of the top publishers today), will be leading the Crawl.
And if you have suggestions of other traffic opportunities please post them in the comments below.
Free Traffic Opportunities for Financial Publishers and Trading Educators
- The Investing Info-Marketing Summit Ad Swap Directory http://www.investinginfomarketingsummit.com/category/networking/joint-ventures/ad-swaps/
- Trading Pub http://partners.tradingpub.com/ or Contact Rollie White
Dedicated financial traffic media sources
- Financial Media Corp http://finmc.com/ Contact Paul Ruffolo
- Ino.com http://www.ino.com/advertising/ or Contact Bob Fladung
- Investors Alley http://www.investorsalley.com/info/contact.htm or ContactBrett Klasko
(Here’s a video list review I did on this list awhile backhttp://www.investinginfomarketingsummit.com/get-new-customers/218/ )
- ButtonWoodResearch.com http://www.buttonwoodresearch.com/contact-us/
- Offertise http://www.offertise.com/contact-us/ & www.AfterOffers.com or Contact Tim Bourquin
- Trader Planet http://www.traderplanet.com/advertising/
- Dedicated Emails List http://www.dedicatedemails.com/ or Contact Brian Litman
- Insider Wealth Alert http://insiderwealthalert.com/ or Contact Gary Mizrahi
- Oilprice.com http://oilprice.com/advertising or Contact James Stafford
- Money & Markets http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/advertising or Contact Chelsie Donaghy
- The Blaze & Glenn Beck Go here for an interview with national vp of The Blaze about their advertising opportunities.http://www.investinginfomarketingsummit.com/get-new-customers/want-to-get-15000-clicks-and-a-ton-of-new-customers-from-a-single-email/ And here for a list review I did awhile back.http://www.investinginfomarketingsummit.com/get-new-customers/the-blaze-list-review/
- Opt Intelligence http://www.opt-intelligence.net/
- Traders Reserve http://www.tradersreserve.com/
- Investing Media Solutions http://investingmediasolutions.com/
- Oxegen Media http://oxegenmedia.com/
- Street Authority http://www.streetauthority.com/advertise
- Newsmax & Moneynews http://www.newsmax.com/advertise/
- The Motley Fool email@example.com
- Investorplace Media http://investorplace.com/corporate/advertise-with-us/#.U5mvkfldV8E
- Investors Business Daily http://www.investors.com/about-ibd/media-kit/investors-com/rates-and-specs and http://www.investors.com/about-ibd/media-kit/investors-com/audience
- InvestingChannel.com http://media.investingchannel.com/audience/overview/
- NASDAQ http://www.nasdaq.com/help/nasdaq-advertising.aspx
- Bloomberg http://about.bloomberg.com/fbk_adSales.html
- Marketwatch, Barron’s, The Wall Street Journalhttp://www.wsjmediakit.com/digital/ .
- Dean Media Group http://deanmediagroup.com/
- Schaeffers Research http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/edge/mediakit/
- Zacks.com http://www.zacks.com/advertising
- Investing Answers http://www.investinganswers.com/advertise-with-us
- Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/corp/advertise.aspx
- Benzinga.com http://www.benzinga.com/contact
- SeekingAlpha http://seekingalpha.com/page/advertise_with_us
- TheStreet.com http://www.thestreet.com/tsc/onlinekit/index.html
- WallStMavenscom https://wallstmavens.com/advertising
- eFinancialNewscom http://www.efinancialnews.com/about-us/advertise
- GuruFocus. com http://www.gurufocus.com/sponsor.php
- ETF Daily News http://etfdailynews.com/about-wwwetfdailynewscom/advertising/
- ETF Digest http://www.etfdigest.com/aboutus/
- Minyanville http://www.minyanville.com/ads/
- Naked Capitalism http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/contact
- ValueWalk http://www.valuewalk.com/advertise-on-valuewalk/
- Kitco http://www.kitco.com/advertising//
General Ad Networks that have financial opportunities
- Taboola http://www.taboola.com/
- Outbrain http://www.outbrain.com/
- Industry Brains http://www.industrybrains.com/
- Ad Choices http://www.youradchoices.com/
- Adblaze http://www.adblaze.com /
- Double Click by Google http://www.google.com/doubleclick/
Radio – places I know financial publishers have had good luck.
- Sirius radio – Channels Bloomberg & CNBChttp://www.siriusxm.com/advertise
- Glenn Beck Radio – http://www.glennbeck.com/content/program/advertise/
Content Syndication Opportunities
- TheStreet.com http://contributor.thestreet.com/users/register?_ga=1.111988492.982993765.1444311298
- WallStMavens.com https://wallstmavens.com/contact
- SeekingAlpha http://seekingalpha.com/page/become-a-seeking-alpha-contributor
Sponsorship Opportunities at Live Investing Events
1. New Orleans Investment Conference https://jeffersoncompanies.com/new-orleans-investment-conference/sponsors or Contact Emily Coia
2. The Money Show & Trader Expo http://www.exhibitorcentral.com/main.asp#eight
3. The Value Investor Conferencehttp://www.valueinvestorconference.com/valueinvestorsponsors.html
And if you’re in the financial publishing industry and are not already a member then join the Financial Publishing group here on LinkedIn
It seemed odd that our industry didn’t have a dedicated group on LinkedIn so we created on.
We made it private so posts can only be seen by members. It’s a great place to network and share info. Just click here to join and get involved.
That creates opportunities for you as a publisher or trader educator AND it creates risks.
I see many of you are on top of this (I am on pretty much everyone’s list) but I also see a lot of you dropping the ball.
Watch this quick video above about the opportunities and risks.
If you want a quick scan of what I’m talking about here are the two big points.
#1: Financial publishers need to be plan ahead for down markets . During major corrections customers change their buying behaviors. Instead of bullish products and how to make money products they run to crash products, shorting products, and anything SPECIFICALLY geared towards a dropping market.
A lot of publishers got slaughtered in 2008 because before things really hit the fan all of their winning promotions and sales funnels were essentially bullish.
Then when the crash hit EVERYTHING stopped working and they saw massive drops in sales. They had to scramble to get back on the right side of the customer and get their cash flowing.
I’ve written promos in the past specifically to fit into correcting markets. The idea is to have a product AND promotion you can roll out on the fly when the market tanks.
When the market started getting volatile the client could roll it out on a dime and often made $400,000-$500,000 in a month when nothing else was selling.
Every financial publisher should have a “Sell in Case of Crash” product and promotion in their tool kit because other things WILL stop working.
People look for products that appear to deal with this EXACT situation.
#2: Big market moves are head-turners – think of what happens when a big snowstorm or hurricane or tornado runs through a community – everyone comes out.
People help each other and they TALK to each other, often for the first time in years.
Big events create community, or at least enliven communities, and if you’re NOT part of the conversation during these times you’re missing out.
You’re missing out on opportunity to strengthen the relationship with your customer.
You’re missing out on the opportunity to have something that sells.
And you’re giving OTHER PEOPLE the chance to build a relationship with your customers.
Your prospects and customers are looking for leadership right now and they will reward who ever provides with their dollars.
We’re finishing up the line up of speakers for the next Investing Info-Marketing Summit being held at the Hard Rock Universal in Orlando, Florida on February 15th-16th, 2016.
And I wanted to quickly share some conversion date from one of our soon-to-be-announced speakers.
He’s a publisher of products for traders and his primary sales channel are his email to webinar funnels.
He was looking for ways to increase sales and went through his entire sales funnel and started testing. He tested things I’ve never seen anyone else test before and his results are phenomenal.
Here they are in his own words along with conversion numbers:
“I increased my landing page opt-in rate from 29% to 46%. (58% increase)
“That opt-in rate is actually as high as 86% for some targeted paid traffic. No affiliates have sent traffic that has converted below 50% and most of my paid for ads are around the 75% mark. The overall average is pulled down due to the less targeted general nature of web hits and blog visits.
- Increased conversion to my front end paid product from 18% to 35%. (94% increase)
- Increased attendance to my main sales webinar from 33% to 94%. (184% increase)
- Increased conversion to my main flagship $10K product from 1.9% to 3%. (58% increase)
- Reduced refunds from 15% to 0%. I have done this while still offering an unconditional 21 day refund guarantee, exactly as I always have.
“A full 60% of my customers now pay the full upfront price of my product rather than take the installment plan (it used to be only 40%). This is on a $10K product”
The best part about all of these improvements is that they are ALL tests you can implement on just about any sales funnel.
If you managed to get just a fraction of the conversion increases he did then you’re business could skyrocket.
Think about it:
- Look at your lead to front end product conversion rate. He managed to get a 94% increase in sales.Do the math for yourself and see what just a 50% increase in conversions would do for your business.
- Or do the math on your sales webinars. What’s your average attendance and what is your conversion rate? The test results you’ll see at the Summit increased webinar attendance by a MASSIVE 184% so if you’re getting 500 attendees on a webinar now you could potentially get 1,420 attendees. But even if you only did half that good you’d still be getting around 960 people to attend vs. 500.
- But he didn’t just put more “butts in seats” he also boosted his sales conversions 58% — on a $10,000 product! Look at your own sales conversions – what would a 50% or better increase do to your bottom line? A lot I bet, right?
- And that’s STILL not all that he did to increase revenue because he tested different ways of talking about his money-back guarantee on that $10,000 product. And one of those copy changes ELIMINATED refunds entirely – even though he STILL offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
We’re excited to have him present his Case Study of his tests and results at the upcoming Investing Info-Marketing Summit, at the Hard Rock Universal in Orlando, Florida on February 15th-16th, 2016. If you haven’t reserved your seats yet go here, scroll down and lock them in now.