Mike is direct marketing expert & copywriter who has managed as much as $50 million marketing budgets.
Mike Capetanakis is the principal of MCDM Strategic Direct Marketing which designs, implements, and facilitates direct response projects. He specializes in producing leads from Online and Offline media channels using his experience, copy & creative design expertise. His Email Drip copy has proven to increase customer retention by 25-50%.
At Net Marketing Alliance/Trump Institute, whom he joined after selling his company- Success Publishing Group; publishers of Compton’s Encyclopedia. He managed their $50 million marketing budget to produce 800,000 affluent leads for the Donald Trump, David Bach & Duchess of York/ Sarah Ferguson financial education seminar brands. He was responsible for producing leads from all Multi-Media channels: mailing 100 million pieces/year, buying DRTV/radio time, Space ads, creating their Email promotions and Websites. The results of his lead acquisition program and strategic development of the Women’s Financial Conference increased sales by150% from $80 million to over $200 million.
He moved to Chicago and joined Encyclopaedia Britannica to manage their Mail Order profit center as their youngest Vice President. He created many new club and loyalty marketing programs, including the Sesame Street catalog, which produced millions in sales with high profit margins while reducing fulfillment costs. Subsequently as the Compton’s brand was sold to The Tribune Company/The Learning Company, he moved with the Compton’s brand which led to his buying the company brand. As President of Success Publishing Group, he published Compton’s for several years before he sold the company back to EB.
He began his direct marketing career over 30 years ago with Columbia House Record Club, a division of CBS. For the next several years, his career expanded at Grolier Enterprises culminating in his being appointed their youngest Executive Vice President and Officer. He was responsible for developing and implementing group sales of tens of millions of dollars with significant profit contributions from club, continuity & loyalty programs. At Grolier, he worked with many licensors including Disney, Dr. Seuss/Random House, Charles Schulz, Jacques Cousteau, Price, Stern and Sloan and others.
Mr. Capetanakis has been a DMA Echo Award judge for many years, a past speaker at DMA conventions and was a past member of the board of directors for the Advertising Mail Marketing Association. He holds an MBA and a BS from Long Island University.
Client Roster (Financial & Other)
- Adam & Eve- a publishing firm
- Barchart/Commodity Research Bureau– oldest publisher of charts/trends in commodity market
- The Casey Report– Leading newsletter publisher on Natural Resources including gold & oil
- Chelsea House/Main Line Book Co. – children’s/young adult trade and library publisher
- Cole Group- publisher of Ortho cookbooks, California Culinary Academy and 101 Productions Imprints
- The College Network- Offers Online educational college tests for transfer credit for AS & BS degrees
- David Lindahl/ Riches in Real Estate– teaches people how to invest in Real Estate
- eVoice, a division of J2- BTB firm selling phone systems to new business owners
- Hill Group- a leading DM agency; worked on the Blockbuster Video account
- Ken Roberts– launched his “un-retirement” with Ultimate Technique for Success Club
- Larry Levin/Trading Advantage– leading investment education firm for traders
- National Grants Conferences– trained consumers to receive grant money from the government
- Media Syndication Group- sold consumer products via bank and oil credit card statements
- MIT/NMA– one of the largest financial seminar firms- mailed over 100 million pieces/year, partnership with Investools
- MYTXTBOOKS.COM, Inc.- Start-up firm and marketer of college eBooks
- The Options Insider Radio Network- #1 podcast on iTunes, developed new business- 300K downloads/month
- Larry Pino/Optionetics/MyMediaWorks– teaches people how to invest in Options
- Penguin USA- a major US publisher
- Publication International Ltd. – the largest publisher of cookbooks in US
- Strategic Data Intelligence- a new leading BTB data marketing group (formed by owners of Direct Tech)
- The Trump Institute– a Donald Trump educational company featuring live training for investors
- Wilton Gallery- a collectible firm offering US stamps to retailers and consumers
- Women’s Financial Conference– the Duchess of York/ Sarah Ferguson offered financial education to women
- World Impressions, Inc. – a marketer of Sportmaps to retailers
You can find out more about Mike at his company site, www.mcdminc.com